Saturday 14 March 2009

Holiday Mode


The last few days in Whanga have been in complete holiday mode. We've been surfing on the few waves there were and on Thursday we hired a tandem bike for a few hours. Odd feeling sitting on the back relinquishing control completely! Unfortunately we didn't take any photos... Thursday night we went out for a soul burger and on friday morning, before heading back to Morrinsville, we had breakfast in a cafe. Yummy american pancakes and eggs benny. delish.

Gracie has just woken up from her nap and we're sharing a passion fruit from the garden. We're doing well considering we've never done a whole weekend with the rugrats before and they seem happy too. This morning we went for a loong walk in the Karangahake Gorge, a beautiful old gold mining place and wore the kids out with adventures, great because that means quiet afternoon. Honestly, I don't know how people do it... had the worst nights sleep last night, listening out for Gracie and getting up to give her the dummy when she lost it and then being waken up well before I was ready to get up. And then it's go go go all day, feeding them, keeping them happy, warm, dry, feeding them again and getting them to fall a sleep, happy. As much as I love our nieces and nephews and enjoy spending a weekend with them I don't think I could do it full time...

the team at karangahake

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The latest offering from Lo. Sarah had sent me some photos of the kids and with it was a drawing from Lo. I rang and thanked her for sending me the drawing. "I didn't send it," she said "Mum did. I just did the drawing." - ! As I said to Sarah, she'll make a great lawyer splitting hairs like that. Who says you couldn't do it full time?

emma-louise emery said...

I says!