Sunday 16 May 2010

life will never be the same


Yesterday afternoon my mormor, swedish grandmother, passed away. Although we found out a couple of weeks ago that she had hepatic cancer nothing can really prepare you for the loss of a loved one and the emptiness it leaves. I can't even imagine a world without her in it and I'm finding it hard to get my head around the fact that I will never see her again. I'm trying to believe that she will always be with me, giving me strength to work hard for my loved ones like she did during her lifetime.


Although I know I should be grateful for a lot of things; all the lovely memories, the knowledge that she had a happy life and the fact that I got the chance to say good-bye to her, I still feel such impossible, never ending sadness.

And, as I'm far away from my family, Harland and I lit a candle in the window and I tried to think about the happy times rather than being sad. It was hard.
I thought this candle was appropriate as mormor loves music and it was a big part of her life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hej Emma!
FIN bild på dig och mormor!!
Vi ses snart. kramtill er båda